Real Estate Fund Intelligence, a publication of Pageant Media, is seeking a data journalist to cover European real estate private equity funds.
While familiarity with the real estate market or financial journalism experience is a plus, what’s more important is enthusiasm for data-driven journalism and the ability to use data to generate and enhance stories.
Based in our London office near St Paul’s, you’ll be part of a global team with journalists and researchers based in London, New York and Cardiff. A typical day will include interviewing sources and writing stories while using our proprietary database to identify and develop data-driven content. Visiting and covering real estate events and conferences, primarily in London, as well as building contacts and long-term relationships within the sector, are also important elements of this role.
Our publication is targeted toward senior executives at the most prominent real estate private equity funds and up-and-coming players in this exciting global industry.
- Mine data — cleaning, grouping, counting, combining data sets — for stories
- Represent data in charts using tools to uncover trends
- Analyse complex data sets and draw conclusions
- Stay on top of wider industry trends impacting real estate fund managers
- Break news on developments at specific real estate fund managers
- Travel occasionally to cover industry conferences and build contacts.
- Cultivate a network of sources by working the phones, arranging in-person meetings, and attending industry events.
- Statistical literacy, reasoning and thinking
- Knowledge of Advanced Excel: sorting and filtering
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Python, R, Excel, Tableau, D3 etc.
- A proven ability to break exclusive news and write compelling and insightful analysis
- Excellent networking skills and a track record of developing useful contacts and sources
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
About Pageant Media
Pageant Media Limited is an independent publishing company with a market-leading portfolio of publications, news websites, data products and events.
Established in 1998, Pageant Media has grown to become a leader in providing specialist business information within its key markets, delivering authoritative, high quality news and intelligence across both print and digital platforms, as well as premium educational and networking events.
An innovative and ambitious company, Pageant Media continues to grow rapidly, regularly expanding its product range with new launches, ensuring that the business delivers consistently relevant, quality insight and solutions to each of its markets.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please click the "Apply Online" button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position