Do you have a passion for hunting down the best possible deals with the end user always in mind?
Think you could make an impact working for the UK’s biggest consumer website, with about 15 million users a month?
Would you thrive as part of a dynamic and passionate team that makes a real difference?
Then the Deals Researcher role with MoneySavingExpert is for you!
The Deals Researcher role is accountable for researching deals and writing content and keeping their assigned sections up to date. You will need a passion for hunting down the best possible deal with the end user always in mind. We’re looking for an enthusiastic money saver with an eye for a bargain and a hunger to be the first to tell our users about a great deal.
What will your daily life look like?
- Finding and investigating deals
- Writing and researching money saving tips
- Contributing to the Deals Hunters blog, finding glitches and loopholes with deals
- Checking current content to make sure it’s up to date and accurate
- Ensure deals write-ups maintain the lively character and tone of voice that MSE is famous for
- Ensure content always stays on message in line with the MSE Mantras
- Focusing on the design and structure of the content, always considering the user experience. Always ask “are we directing our users in the best possible way?”
- Seeking out new contacts and building a network of deals suppliers
- Contributing to the MSE social media accounts
- Working on the deals-related guides, keeping them updated
- Taking responsibility for key retailers, producing regular content
What do we need from you?
- Understanding of how to structure and edit content so that it works for an online audience.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple language, in a manner that empowers the reader to take action.
- Organisational skills and ability to juggle a large, varied workload and ensure tasks are correctly prioritised.
- Passion for saving money and doing things on the cheap (naturally).
- Understanding of deals, promotions, offers, products and tips.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A keen eye for detail that can cut through marketing spiel to separate great deals from duds.
- The confidence to push for an answer, or ask further questions, if the info you’re provided isn’t clear.
- Careful and thorough researcher.
- Journalistic ‘hunger’ for a story.
- Awareness of other deals platforms and what MSE’s competitors are doing.
Nice to have:
- SEO knowledge
- Google Analytics
- Social media
- Video production/presenting
- HTML skills
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position