About the team
The teams who work on iMore.com, Androidcentral.com and Windowscentral.com give expert advice to consumers in each of their verticals. We review products, educate consumers, report the news that matters to enthusiasts and help people make informed decisions on the latest technology. You will be joining a team with colleagues in Europe, Asia and North America as part of our global technology coverage of Mac, Windows and Android devices and software.
The iMore.com commerce writer will be responsible for finding and covering deals on products and services within the Apple ecosystem and then present those deals in well written, creative articles. The commerce writer will create additional commerce-related content around high-yield topics.
- Find all the best deals on anything and everything Apple and cover them on iMore.com
- Work with the ecommerce team to cover specific high-yield, commerce-related topics, such as VPN and antivirus
- Work with the iMore editor-in-chief and other editorial staff to ensure timely deal coverage related to current editorial directions
- Work with the ecommerce team to share strategies with the editorial team during major shopping events including; Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Support the editorial team to find and cover deals during major shopping events including; Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc.
- Work with the ecommerce director and editor in chief to grow performance of deals team, including new content ideas, SEO improvements, coverage changes
- Attend weekly iMore team meetings and provide updates on deals landscape
- Provide occasional support covering deals on other MTV sites, including Android Central and Windows Central
- Build additional affiliate relationships with companies whose deals we cover
- Monitor performance of deals posts to help inform future deals coverage
- Work with the commerce director to research and identify new commercial opportunities
- Meet with larger Future ecommerce teams and deals writers to brainstorm and share best practices around deals and commerce coverage
What do I need to succeed?
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role
- A keen interest and understanding of computing and related products
- Exceptional writing skills - from the ability to write snappy headlines to tight grammar control, through to the ability to choose just the right image to attract readers
- Ability to deliver content quickly and efficiently
- An interest in and understanding of analytical and SEO tools
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position