Why Join the MoneySavingExpert.com Deals Team?
MoneySavingExpert.com is the UK's biggest consumer website with over 13 million users a month. The site's dedicated to cutting your bills and fighting your corner with journalistic research, cutting edge tools & a massive community – all focused on finding deals, saving cash & campaigning for financial justice.
Why Our Role?
The Deals Researcher/Writer role is accountable for researching deals and writing content and keeping their assigned sections up to date. You will need a passion for hunting down the best possible deal with the end user always in mind. We’re looking for an enthusiastic money saver with an eye for a bargain and a hunger to be the first to tell our users about a great deal.
What will you be doing?
- Finding and investigating deals
- Writing and researching money saving tips
- Contributing to the Deals Hunters blog, finding glitches and loopholes with deals
- Checking current content to make sure it’s up to date and accurate
- Ensure deals write-ups maintain the lively character and tone of voice that MSE is famous for
- Ensure content always stays on message in line with the MSE Mantras
- Focussing on the design and structure of the content, always considering the user experience. Always ask “are we directing our users in the best possible way?”
- Seeking out new contacts and building a network of deals suppliers
- Contributing to the MSE social media accounts
- Working on the deals-related guides, keeping them updated
- Taking responsibility for key retailers, producing regular content
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Understanding of how to structure and edit content so that it works online
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple language, in a manner that empowers the reader to take action
- Good organisational skills and ability to juggle a large, changeable workload to ensure output is correctly prioritised
- Passion for money saving
- Understanding of deals, promotions, offers, products and tips
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Eye for detail
- The confidence to ask contacts when things are not clear
- Thorough researcher
- Journalistic hunger for a story
- Aware of other deals platforms and what competitors are doing
Nice to have:
- Google Analytics or other analytics
- Social media
- HTML skills
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
- broadcast journalists broadcast journalists feed
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editorial assistants / trainees editorial assistants / trainees feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- features features feed
- freelance freelance feed
- news news feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- proofreaders proofreaders feed