The Medical News Today team is seeking a demand editor to join their growing team either in the Brighton, UK office or remotely within the UK. We aim to create clinical content that educates, inspires, and — most importantly — connects with people who want to improve their health and well-being. We work hard to create content that not only connects with our user but is also mindful of SEO. The result is content that consistently breaks traffic records!
What you'll do:
- You’ll assign, edit, and publish high quality articles according to SEO best practices and Medical News Today editorial standards, while ensuring timely delivery of content.
- Work closely with the SEO team, freelance writers, medical reviewers, designers, and copy editors to create and move content through the publishing process.
- You’ll work with freelance writers by answering queries, providing feedback, and monitoring deadlines and assess existing writers, increase and improve our writer pool, and help identify and connect with high-quality writers.
- Collaborate with internal marketing, social and production teams throughout projects.
- Utilize Google Analytics to monitor the success of your content and make adjustments based on the data.
- Work closely with the senior editor to monitor the success of projects and brainstorm content ideas and own various editorial projects.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in English or Journalism.
- 6 years of editorial experience.
- Superb research, writing, and editing skills, with a firm understanding of AP style.
- Experience with creating content based on SEO best practices.
- Astute sense of appropriate voice and tone.
- Ability to turn research and writing projects around quickly.
- Strong skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing workload.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with health and/or medical content helpful but not required.
- Comfort making content decisions.
- Proficiency in WordPress and Google Suite.
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Who we are:
Medical News Today, a part of Healthline Media, is one of the top five health information sites in the U.S. (per ComScore), and we’re growing. Every month, more than 35 million people come to us for in-depth, clinical content and the latest news in medical research. Using peer reviewed studies and reputable sources, our immensely talented and curious editors and writers create more than 250 pieces of health content on a monthly basis.
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world. Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Healthline, Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position