- Supervising and managing the daily work of the editorial team.
- Distribution of translated materials to editors and coordination of work among them.
- Redrafting and checking materials translated from Arabic to English and ensuring the linguistic integrity.
- Unifying the site's editorial policy.
- Formulating appropriate titles that are consistent with the company's editorial policy.
- To check the validity and accuracy of the English economic and financial institutions used in the various pages of the site.
- Summarise news coming from English sources in line with the editorial policy of numbers and without disturbing the meaning.
- Strong editing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.)
- Experience editing in a professional capacity.
- An affinity for analysing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information.
- Effective communication skills. You will need to be able to deliver feedback effectively to reporters across the globe.
- English Native is preferable.
- Business journalism experience is a must.
- Experience covering the financial sector a big advantage.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Reporting background ideally.
- Fluency in Arabic language would be an advantage (not mandatory).
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position