Woodcote Media Ltd (formerly Horseshoe Media Ltd) is a specialist business to business publisher spanning a number of industries, notably renewable energy. Based near Morden in south London, our titles include leading global brands Biofuels International, Bioenergy Insight, Fluid Handling magazine and Tank Cleaning magazine.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a deputy editor to work across our portfolio of publications, with a view to them swiftly taking on the role of editor on one of them.
They would be working as part of a small, friendly and close-knit team alongside the managing editor and publisher, sales and design staff. We are looking for a self-starter who can demonstrate commitment and initiative. The house style, brand guidelines and workflow are already defined and well established.
The successful applicant ideally needs to have experience of commissioning articles, working with freelancers and contributors, liaising with press agencies as well as international companies. They will be able to identify content and commercial opportunities across all platforms and implement ideas.
The role entails feature writing, sub-editing, collating and updating news both print and online, preparing weekly newsletters, updating social media platforms and interviewing experts with a view to creating original content.
The deputy editor will be expected to attend conferences and tradeshows globally so must be presentable, a good communicator, inquisitive and able to show passion and drive to help move the publications forward.
- Excellent communication skills and written English
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge of proofing and sub-editing for both print and digital
- Ability to conduct research and interviews, validate sources and ensure consistency of house style
- Must be comfortable on the phone to conduct interviews and chase content suppliers/sources/contributors
- Able to deal with and understand technical content
- Knowledge of social media and optimising content for SEO would be an advantage
How to apply
Please click the "Apply Online" button below, being sure to attach your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to the role, as well as examples of previous editorial work.