Woodcote Media Ltd is a specialist B2B publisher spanning a number of industries, notably renewable energy. Based near Morden in south London, our titles include leading global brands Biofuels International, Bioenergy Insight, Fluid Handling, World Aerosols and Tank Cleaning magazine.
The (deputy) editor will have responsibility for Biofuels International, Fluid Handling and Tank Cleaning magazines. The role entails commissioning content from freelancers and experts and working to develop the brands both in print and online. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone in a deputy editor role to take the step up, or for an existing editor to take on an exciting new challenge.
A diverse, challenging and rewarding role,you will be expected to take a hands-on approach. Alongside managing the portfolio you will also serve as an ambassador for the company at tradeshows and conferences in the UK and abroad, occasionally writing feature articles and comment pieces for the print magazines and websites.
You would be working as part of a small, friendly and close-knit team alongside a fellow editor, the publisher, sales and design staff. We are looking for a self-starter who can demonstrate commitment and initiative. The house style, brand guidelines and workflow are already defined and well established.
- At least 1-2 years working in an editorial or journalist role (preferably in the B2B sector);
- Commercial awareness and the ability to work effectively with sales staff;
- Proven experience planning, producing and commissioning content for both print and online;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to balance multiple deadlines;
- Knowledge of producing engaging content for both print and online;
- Meticulous attention to detail and sub-editing skills; and
- Experience interviewing top-level industry figures and ability to write top quality features.
Apply in writing with your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to the role, as well as examples of previous editorial work.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position