Are you an experienced senior editor, looking for an exciting challenge to manage a team of global journalists?
We are looking for a talented individual with drive and ambition to lead the MNI macro-economic policy and data coverage that is so valued by our clients in the fast-moving global financial markets. Based in MNI's London office, you will be managing a team of 8 journalists located in London, Frankfurt, Washington DC, Beijing, Tokyo, Sydney and Ottawa. You will be expected to play a highly influential role in the coherence, direction and timeliness of our global content.
As such, it is essential that the team delivers sophisticated financial news exclusives and analysis under pressure, with precision, and with a strong rate of productivity. MNI's journalism has a high and long-standing reputation for impartiality and integrity.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be required to interact with colleagues around the world. You must be an enthusiastic team player, with a passion for macro-economic news, as well as a keen commercial awareness.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing a team of journalists, preferably in the macro-economic and financial markets area.
- Highly developed news judgement with a capacity to quickly grasp macro- economic concepts and how they relate to the global fixed income and foreign exchange markets.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to deliver in a real-time environment.
- Inspire our journalists to produce their best work.
- Complete fluency (written and verbal) in English.
- Clear and concise presentation skills.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Experience of working with digital media an advantage.
- Manage a team of journalists, ensuring levels of productivity and quality of content.
- Run regular performance reviews with all journalists.
- Work closely with the journalists to expand our network of sources.
- Help set the example of professionalism, motivation and creativitity.
- Develop close working relationship with the Sales team, promoting our top content.
- Be able to attend client meetings to explain MNI value proposition and discuss key content.
- Edit news, data exclusives and analysis to produce clean and crisp copy for real-time transmission.
- Owning responsibility for published content.
The right candidates will have demonstrated major talent and success elsewhere in their lives, whether at work or beyond.
What we offer:
- Major career and professional development. We develop, grow and promote talent. Each member of our small global team has myriad opportunities to excel.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- An incredible team of talented and passionate people.
- A fulfilling and challenging work environment.
MNI was recently acquired by a US PE firm and the company is going through a period of exciting change. Our new CEO had identified this role as a key opportunity to bring great talent into the organisation and drive the quality of our content and people to a new level.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, send your CV, a covering letter and examples of your work to Recruiting: firstname.lastname@example.org