Newsweek is seeking a talented and creative editor to join our growing digital team.
The deputy editor will write, commission and edit first person essays for Newsweek's My Turn section.
You should be well-versed in multiple topics and keen to tell personal stories in a clean and captivating way.
You will have a sharp eye for detail, and be brimming with original ideas for essays on topics such as family, careers, health, relationships, culture, science and property. You will always be on the lookout for topics to cover that can expand the range of the My Turn section.
You will show initiative by finding and interviewing people with fascinating real-life stories to tell.
You will be confident writing, have experience editing accurate copy, well-organised, and comfortable working to tight deadlines.
We are open to remote work from anywhere in the UK
- Writing and editing first-person essays for publication on Newsweek.com
- Finding original ideas and securing exclusive interviews
- Commissioning and editing essays
- Spotting trends and developing fresh angles
- Any other reasonable responsibilities to meet the needs of the business
- Candidates should have editorial experience in a relevant position
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Knowledge and experience with SEO and online journalism
- Flexible hours
- Experience working in features and/or opinion
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position