This role is an excellent opportunity for a reporter or junior editor looking for a step-up in B2B journalism.
The successful candidate will manage the day to day running of Motor Finance, the only title focused on UK consumer credit provision in the car finance market. This includes the title’s site and publications, underneath the guidance of the asset finance titles’ group editor.
The ideal candidate will assist with the monthly production processes; help shape the editorial direction and industry engagement as well as write news, analyses, and features.
The role sits within a wider group of B2B and B2C websites in a busy newsroom of about 40 journalists reporting across the financial services sector as well as many other industries.
While knowledge of the consumer credit motor finance market is not a must for this role, experience in business journalism is required.
Key role description:
- Keeping up to date with market developments, keep an excellent contact base across the industry, thorough understanding of it, its players and key trends
- Assist with the editing of the monthly magazine and act as daily news editor for the publication’s website
- Contributing to the content marketing publications as and when required.
- Write news, features and reports as required
- Act as the ambassador for the title among the industry and liaise with internal teams including sales and events
- Carve the editorial direction based on subscriber information needs
- Work towards deadlines
- Closely working with the group editor to ensure the integrity of the title.
- Regular reporting to group editor and senior managers
- Degree educated, with a demonstrable interest in business journalism
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar field, with the ability to learn on your feet.
How to apply:
To apply for the role please send your CV and brief cover letter highlighting your current experience and why you would wish to apply for the role to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org