Have you worked in B2B journalism for a year or more and now fancy a new challenge with more responsibility and better prospects?
There is an excellent opportunity for a reporter looking for a step-up in B2B journalism here at Verdict.
The successful journo will manage the day to day running of Motor Finance, which covers the finance industry dedicated to funding cars for consumers in the UK.
It’s an exciting space that’s seeing great change with the advent of alternatively fuelled vehicles, self-driving cars and attitudes to ownership all sitting against a changing field of regulation and mainstream attention to motor finance products.
You will work as part of a team of three, helping the asset finance group editor to run the publications. The contacts and knowledge needed for the titles are already here: you need the enthusiasm and ambition to drive it forward.
The role sits within a wider group of B2B and B2C websites in a busy newsroom of about 40 journalists reporting across the financial services sector as well as many other industries.
While knowledge of the consumer credit motor finance market is not a must for this role, experience in business journalism is required.
Key role description:
- The ideal candidate will assist with the monthly production processes; help to shape the editorial direction and industry engagement as well as write news, analyses, and features.
- Keep up to date with market developments, maintaining an excellent contact base across the industry and growing it, developing your market knowledge with its players and key trends.
- Assist with the editing of the monthly magazine and act as daily news editor for the publication’s website.
- Act as the ambassador for the title among the industry and at our events and liaise with internal teams including sales and events
- Carve the editorial direction based on subscriber information needs
- Work towards deadlines
- Closely working with the group editor to ensure the integrity of the title.
- Degree educated, with a demonstrable interest in business journalism
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar field, with the ability to learn on your feet.
To apply for the role please send your CV and brief cover letter highlighting your current experience and why you would wish to apply for the role to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org