This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious assistant editor or features editor to take the next step in their career.
We have a new role for a versatile deputy editor on a small but successful team to write, commission and take responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of FM World, the UK’s leading business title for the facilities management sector.
Produced on behalf of the British Institute of Facilities Management, FM World comprises a website, monthly magazine (shortlisted in the 2017 MemCom awards), daily newsletter, annual guides, regular events and social media.
If you have experience writing about the built environment, the service management, hospitality or similar professions then this job represents a fantastic opportunity to spread your wings further and take on more responsibility with one of the most broadly-based service sectors in the world.
You’ll be involved in developing themes such as wellbeing in the workplace, sustainability, health & safety (including, for example, the response from government and business to the recent Grenfell Tower disaster) and social value.
The issues facing facilities managers are increasingly finding their way onto the national agenda, and include for example the impact of Brexit on facilities service staffing and pay rates.
- Content: working with the editor and BIFM to write and commission content, ensuring accurate and timely copy, as well as ensuring that all copy is engaging and informative for the reader.
- Digital: managing an assistant to oversee FM World’s social media presence, using contributions from the editorial team, uploading the monthly magazine and other original content onto the website.
- Events: attending relevant conferences and seminars in order to gather news and feature ideas, as well as building a network of contacts.
- Have a successful track record on an existing magazine title, preferably one aimed at business service professionals
- demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- be outgoing, enjoying interacting with other people and working in a team
- be well-organised, able to multi-task and get a kick out of being purposefully busy
- have professional journalism credentials
- be a ‘digital native’, able to use content management systems, Adobe InDesign and quickly master the software necessary to deliver new products and service for the FM World brand.
An award-winning content marketing agency, with a very successful new business pipeline, Redactive can offer excellent opportunities for an ambitious journalist to progress their careers.
Our excellent benefits include: a generous pension scheme, 25 days’ holiday, subsidised gym membership and a season ticket loan.
Close to the Tower of London and St Katherine’s Dock, Redactive is the UK's leading content marketing and publishing services agency for membership and professional services organisations.
Closing date: Monday 30th October 2017