Based in the heart of lively Notting Hill, we are an award winning global provider of legal content and information services. We create essential and unique information for our subscribers, who are drawn from over 100 countries around the world, via our global brands. With a strong platform for international growth, and a reputation for creating outstanding content, we can offer individuals an intellectually stimulating work environment that puts global legal issues at the heart of our business.
We are embarking on an exciting new project and expanding our rankings team, which has opened up a great career opportunity for a deputy editor.
The successful candidate will oversee the development of the project and develop the standards of the brand.
The deputy editor will manage all of the brand’s directory processes; reviewing content, as well as producing content and coordinating between various teams in the company. He or she will travel frequently to Latin America in order to research the product and build relationships.
What you would be doing:
- Identify new markets, build and maintain relationships within the Latin American legal market, both from London and through regular travel
- Develop strong relationships with the deputy publisher and stakeholders, and collaborate with the wider business
- Develop, maintain and update directory product
- Research and profile members, as well as overseeing the compilation and analysis of research
- Edit content, ensuring the team write accurate content to set deadlines
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and understanding of the global legal market is essential; understanding of the Latin American legal market is a plus
- Experience of working within a directories or rankings business is a plus
- Excellent writing skills and experience of editing content both print and online
- A 2.1 degree from a leading university
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to attract, develop and manage a team
- International outlook
- Fluency in Spanish is essential; Portuguese language skills would be a bonus
In return we can offer you a rewarding career with personal and professional development in addition to a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes 25 days holiday, private healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan and gym membership.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role via the link below. We look forward to receiving your application.
We support a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, and welcome applications from different backgrounds.