Classic & Sports Car, the leading classic car magazine launched in 1982, is looking for a new Deputy Editor.
Joining a small but dedicated editorial team and working directly with the Editor in Chief and the Art Editor, the Deputy Editor will be responsible for ensuring that the magazine goes to press each month on time, on budget and to the exceptionally high standard for which it is known and respected throughout the classic car world.
You will need to be a team player, contributing to the content of the magazine by editing a monthly section as well as taking care of production, subbing magazine pages and, where necessary, repurposing content onto our digital channels. A strong knowledge of automotive history is a must and a grasp of the technical side is highly desirable, plus it also helps if you love cars – at its core, C&SC is passionate about classics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all copy is accurate, entertaining and produced to the highest standards in C&SC’s familiar authoritative style. As such, you’ll need to have perfect spelling and grammar, an excellent eye for detail and the ability to cross-check information from a variety of sources.
Where necessary, you’ll also be expected to represent the magazine at shows and events in the absence of the Editor in Chief.
Desired skills and experience:
- A proven track record editing a section of a print or online title
- Superb editing and writing skills, and an eye for detail
- Excellent communication, organisational and teamwork skills, plus an ability to multi-task
- Understanding of the market position, tone and values of C&SC
- Detailed knowledge of production processes
- Good knowledge of cars, and classics in particular
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- SEO, keyword and basic analytics skills preferable
- Willingness to work outside the 9-to-5 when necessary, either to get the magazine to press or to represent the brand at events or on photoshoots
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position