The Staff Canteen is looking for an experienced and creative journalist to join a small but fast-growing team which is leading the way in online chef networking and content.
As Deputy Editor you will be responsible for assisting the Editor with the day to day running of the department, online content management, writing and tracking down news stories and quotes, picture and text editing, copy editing, finding and booking chefs for interviews and/or live events and promoting content across all social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat.
This is an ideal job for an experienced journalist with opportunities to gain knowledge in all areas of online journalism as well as the chance to develop with a rapidly expanding company.
The successful candidate will be degree or NCTJ qualified, will have experience of managing a team, online content management, Photoshop and a working knowledge of social media; they will have good writing and copy editing skills, a good nose for a story and be proactive in looking for new ideas and content to push the site forwards.
The role will be based at our office in Basingstoke. A full job description will be provided prior to interview. Due to the high number of expected applicants please be advised that we will only respond to those CVs that we plan to interview. You must have an absolute right to work in the EU. We do not under any circumstances become involved with the procurement of work permits or visas.
Ideal candidate should have some/all of the following attributes:
- excellent writing skills
- experience in managing a team (ideal but not essential)
- working knowledge of social media and using it to maximise company reach to its audience
- a knowledge of the hospitality industry and an interest in food (ideal but not essential)
- a proactive approach to investigating and good research skills
- determination and persistence
- strong interpersonal skills
- demonstrate interest in the subject and in our website
- IT skills and familiarity with commonly used software, such as HTML, Photoshop, Wordpress
- willingness to learn, take on new challenges and be proactive in pushing the company forward
- confident in attending live events and interacting with clients and members.
How to apply:
Please send you CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position