The Business of Fashion is seeking an experienced Deputy Editor to be responsible for leading the company's daily global editorial operations to support BoF's overall goal of building fashion’s first global membership community and becoming the leader in the market for professional content and services for the industry.
What We Need You To Do
This position reports directly to the CEO/Editor-in-Chief, collaborating closely with the Editorial Director on editorial strategy. The Deputy Editor must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and integrity and adhere to a strict ethics policy.
- Hit ambitious targets on audience growth and BoF Professional subscriptions
- Build, manage, motivate and coach editorial team in our London and New York bureaus
- Make editorial operations a well-oiled machine, with clear processes and ways of working
- Boost digital-native content offering (audio, video, etc.)
- Plan and direct the development of sophisticated, well-crafted editorial content across all platforms, ensuring the highest standards of quality while meeting targets:
- Build, manage, motivate and coach editorial team
- Refine daily operational machine in partnership with Deputy Managing Editor
- Oversee editorial calendar and budgets with Deputy Managing Editor
- Oversee insights derived from metrics and analytics related to editorial content
- Collaborate with creative studio and social media
- Contribute content on a weekly basis
- Partner with EIC and Editorial Director to help shape overall editorial strategy
Who You Are
With your solid professional experience in reporting and/or editing business stories, you've acquired a deep knowledge of business reporting methods. You collaborate well with others to ensure a smooth operational process and to shape the overall strategy.
You will also have the following skills that will set you up for success:
- Degree from a recognised journalism program or equivalent work experience
- Impeccable editing and writing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Deep understanding of the global fashion industry
- Ability to cultivate high-level industry sources
- Deep experience with analytical business editing and writing
- Must thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a 24-hour news cycle
Any potential applicant MUST have extensive experience of business reporting or editing at a top tier publication or equivalent.
English, Native or bilingual proficiency
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion," “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and "The Industry Bible."
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students, and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position