Launched in 2000, Natural Health is a destination brand for the 40+ woman, covering clean beauty, eco living, complementary therapies, self care and yoga – a wellness bible for leading a healthy, holistic lifestyle.
Working alongside the editor, you will take a central role in delivering Natural Health’s editorial strategy in print and digital, as well as spearheading the Natural Health International Beauty Awards. An unwavering grasp of our core demographic’s needs, and the content that will surprise and delight her, is absolutely key.
The ideal candidate will be positively brimming with creative and commercial ideas, a razor sharp sub, unflappable under pressure, an experienced and dependable manager, with a writing style that jumps off the page – and screen.
Aceville Publications, part of DC Thomson Media, has over 35 years’ experience of publishing print and digital media, and our market-leading magazines and bookazines have a global reach of over 17 million.
- Oversee the complete production cycle of 35+ editorial pages; from feature and image research to design sign-off with the art director;
- Actively contribute to the continued commercial success of Natural Health and its brand extensions;
- Drive the digital strategy for the website and social channels, as agreed with the editor;
- Play a central role in Natural Health’s International Beauty Awards and ensure its growth;
- Concept and style lifestyle imagery at our award-winning photography studio;
- Commission a stable of freelancers to budget;
- Appraise junior staff and take responsibility for their professional development;
- Provide support for promotional, event and online activity and commercial outreach; and
- Deputise in the absence of the editor.
- Proven track record of managing a creative and fast-paced editorial workload to tight deadlines;
- Keen eye for a story and exceptional feature writer;
- First-rate subbing and proofing skills, for both print and online;
- Brimming with on-brief and original ideas, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the women’s lifestyle sector;
- Confident and clear communicator, who can represent the brand at industry events and engage with senior figures;
- Experienced manager with great leadership skills; and
- Ability to work closely with our commercial teams and provide direction and insight.
This role is a full-time position, based in our Colchester office. The closing date is the 20th September, and Interviews will be taking place W/C 7th October.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to the editor, Holly Treacy- firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position