Trading Risk is looking for a deputy editor keen to make the next step in their career by joining our growing newsroom.
Our title is part of Euromoney’s Insurance Group and covers an innovative part of the reinsurance sector. The insurance-linked securities (ILS) industry lies at the intersection of the institutional investor community and insurance markets.
Our editorial focus is on delivering high-value news content to our subscribers – we are looking for a news-driven reporter who will go out and source stories as well as help to set the direction of analysis and feature articles.
The role is a market-facing one and the deputy editor will be expected to represent the company, building and developing relationships and contacts in our key markets, while also developing a deep understanding of the markets reported and commented upon.
Previous experience in financial market reporting will be an advantage.
The deputy editor will be expected to host public events such as round table discussions, panel debates and conferences.
This role is a well-rounded one involving both news, events and management work, helping to support the managing editor to continue developing and extending our product.
There are opportunities for regular travel to various industry hubs, including to our New York office. Attractive corporate benefits available, including generous matching contributions within the corporate pension scheme; a sharesave scheme offering access to discounted shares; flexi-work opportunities; life insurance; optician rebates and an opt-in private medical insurance scheme.
Originating, writing and editing both newswire and exclusive news stories, while gaining a sophisticated understanding of the ILS and reinsurance sector and building a strong network of industry contacts.
Supporting the managing editor to influence the direction of editorial coverage and assist in helping to develop the rest of the team and the product.
- Support the team's managing editor by helping to run news operations, sourcing exclusives and contribute to setting the agenda for coverage
- Write news stories quickly, accurately, clearly and intelligently in a strong news style
- Build, maintain and work a network of industry and investor contacts to frequently source exclusive news content and enhance sector understanding
- Help to oversee our wire news coverage by ensuring we are covering on-diary news and breaking news promptly
- Edit articles written by other members of the team to ensure they are accurate and clear, as well as assisting more junior team members to progress
- Play an important role in the organisation’s drive towards “smart journalism” by writing and directing topics for news analysis and opinion pieces
- Assist in developing new products and reaching out to new stakeholders
- Travel abroad typically 2-3 times per year for business trips and conferences
- Participate in chairing round table events or panels at conferences
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to Fiona.Robertson@insuranceinsider.com.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position