Role Deputy Editor
Brand: EMAP, Property Week
Location: East Croydon
Contract: Permanent , Full – Time
EMAP’s purpose is to drive professional progress for ambitious individuals and companies in Fashion, Architecture, Health and Construction. We unlock growth opportunities for our customers. Our unrivalled relationships with key decision makers give our customers essential access, insight and recognition. We deliver this professional advantage through award winning digital content, live events, intelligence services and learning tools.
About the role:
Leading commercial property title Property Week is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and driven Deputy editor to join its award-winning team of journalists. You will share responsibility with the editor for determining editorial strategy, overseeing production of the magazine in print and online, steering event content and representing the brand at industry events.
This is an exciting and demanding role that requires a dynamic self-starter who shows initiative, is a team player and is excited about the opportunity. You will have the confidence to interview and build contacts among senior investors, commercial property agents and financiers
This role is based at Property Week’s office near East Croydon train station.
- Overseeing online news content with the news editor
- Signing off the data, legal & professional and market reports sections of the magazine
- Contributing features, analysis and news
- Helping sign off supplements (15 a year)
- Helping devise PW’s digital strategy with the editor and digital editor
- Helping devise and implement the brand’s social media strategy with the editor, digital editor and social media journalist
- Helping produce video and podcasts
- Representing the magazine at industry and PW events
- Deputising for the editor in their absence
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to EMAP being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position