Fenice Media is a media group based in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham. We are an internationally read ,UK-based print and online publishing company with magazine titles focusing on travel and hospitality, local and independent businesses, as well as delving into law and finance.
The successful candidate will be tasked with producing award profiles for our printed awards publication as well as editorial features and advertorial content for clients. The role is as varied as it is engaging. One minute you could be writing about travelling across Mongolia on horseback and the next about the need for greater climate change action.
The successful candidate will also be encouraged to come up with original ideas and take an active role in determining editorial content.
- Writing clear, concise and engaging copy for the digital and print publications.
- Ensuring copy is consistent in style and tone of voice and relevant to the target audience.
- Proofreading copy for clarity, accuracy of detail and consistency of style.
- Liaising with clients to discuss editorial content.
- Assisting the editor in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the various publications.
This role would be suited to a recent graduate in journalism/English or a related study with an existing portfolio of work in journalism or magazine writing. The candidate should possess strong writing and subbing skills, and great ideas. A relentless ability to hit deadlines, a pernickety attention to detail, and a bordering obsessive level of organisation is likewise important.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fenice Media Ltd
101 The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Tel: +44 (0)121 270 9468
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position