Sift is a market-leading digital B2B publishing and subscriptions business, based in the heart of Bristol. We believe that we can inspire action every day, through the creation of amazing content, experiences and insight for our audiences and clients.
HRZone and TrainingZone are online publications featuring insight, guidance and opinion for HR and learning and development (L&D) professionals across the globe.
We have an opportunity for a deputy editor to join the team to: support the ongoing editorial strategy for HRZone and TrainingZone, write and edit content about the HR and L&D sectors, manage our social media channels, and support client content projects.
This is an exciting time to join the team, we have ambitious three-year growth plans and are looking to develop our premium content and programmes to better serve our audience, as well as launching an in-person awards night in 2022 to celebrate people professionals and their achievements.
What we would like from you:
- Degree in English/journalism or portfolio of work to evidence editorial experience
- Minimum two years' experience in an editorial assistant role, or similar
- Excellent editing/proofing skills with strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of social media and digital platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working collaboratively with other teams and senior management
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient and a strong team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Track record of building strong relationships and contacts with external stakeholders such as vendors, end-users and thought leaders
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience of working on business publications would be helpful but not essential
What we can offer you
We look for people who share and can demonstrate our seven core values: put people first, inspire action, be curious, be honest, be inclusive, stay focused, and have fun.
In return, we can offer you a great place to work with lots of opportunities to learn.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible working (we are Flexa certified)
- Pension contributions matched up to five per cent
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell five days a year, additional leave for long-service, plus a day off for your birthday
- Life assurance of 4x base salary
- BUPA health cash plan
- Access to health and well-being resources and mental health consultants (up to 10 sessions per year)
Sift is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Currently, a limited number of desks are available in the office via a booking system (Covid-19 restrictions in place).
Sift plans to trial hybrid flexible working from the week commencing 4 October 2021 which will consist of a minimum of one day per week in the office.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position