Business area: SportBusiness Group is a leading supplier of information regarding media rights ownership, sponsorship deals and news about the business of sport.
SportBusiness Professional is our news and in-depth feature service, keeping the industry up to date via editorial teams in three continents. It is widely read among leading executives across the global sports business.
The big picture:
You will support the SportBusiness professional editor and global news editor by providing in-depth features and news stories for SportBusiness.com and the SportBusiness 24 news service while also stepping in for both managers in their absence.
The company operates a hybrid model with some work conducted in the office and the option to work a fixed number of days from home. You will report directly to the Europe editor and global news editor.
- Cultivate contacts and relationships to deliver in-depth features and news exclusives about sponsorship, merchandising, esports and licensing for SportBusiness.com
- Uncover accurate and detailed data about the value and duration of deals within these spaces
- Act as a point of contact for SB Professional and deputise for the editor in his absence
- Have direct input into SB Professional topic selection and identify areas for in-depth features
- Deputise for the global news editor to commission and edit news stories for daily newsletter and by updating news homepage
- Deputise for the Europe editor in editing feature copy before publication on website and quarterly magazine
- Work with marketing dept. to promote in-depth coverage across social media channels
- Liaise with internal data team to ensure deal valuations and durations are added to company data products
Key skills and experience:
- Minimum three years' experience as a journalist (experience of working in sponsorship, data analysis or agency environment might also be considered if candidate has strong written skills)
- Demonstrable ability to write accurately and coherently - you will need an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to persuade sources and contacts to share sensitive information
- Strong attention to detail, integrity and commitment to accuracy
- Familiarity with the sports industry and commercial approaches within the sector
- Strong sports/agency sector industry contacts
- Track record of breaking exclusive and in-depth stories across different topics
- Second language
116 Park Street
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position