Inside Housing magazine – the respected subscription news magazine and website for housing professionals – is seeking a new deputy news editor to join its award winning news desk.
The title, which won News Provider of the Year at last year’s British Journalism Awards, is seeking an experienced B2B journalist with a proven track-record of agenda setting scoops to join as the magazine’s senior news reporter, who will act as a deputy to the news editor.
The role is perfect for a news driven reporter, also capable of the producing longer-form analysis and investigations stories the magazine is well known for. It will involve covering and scrutinising the ongoing fallout from the Grenfell Tower disaster, welfare reform and the government’s efforts to solve the housing crisis – currently described as its number one domestic priority.
- The deputy news editor's primary responsibility is to act as Inside Housing's chief news reporter, delivering regular news and analysis stories on topic areas to be defined by the news editor.
- The role is focused on producing high quality, exclusive and timely news and analysis articles that inform housing professionals, stakeholders and policy makers.
- The deputy news editor is responsible for upholding and protecting the authoritative, highly-respected and objective tone and profile of Inside Housing. They will also be an advocate for the magazine in and out of sector.
- Duties includes delivering a blend of diary and off diary news, and providing added value to content that our audience do not get elsewhere, in the form of in depth articles, investigations and analysis. The deputy news editor will also be expected to contribute to the weekly podcast.
- The deputy news editor is expected to develop and maintain relationships with existing sources of information to the magazine, and strike new relationships which will be useful in informing our coverage
- The deputy news editor will also be responsible for covering the news editor when they are unavailable, in order to edit and commission the magazine's news coverage for online and print, making sure that articles are accurate, balanced, well-written and engaging.
- News gathering and writing, and all-round editorial skills
- Proven track record of delivering agenda setting, exclusive stories suitable for a B2B audience
- Ability to edit news stories to a high standard
Please send your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively click the 'apply online' button.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position