We are looking for an experienced journalist to join our daily newsdesk.
The digital ACE role is key to the continued success of our daily title the Worcester News and its associated weeklies.
As part of the job you will help lead a bright, enthusiastic and successful team of reporters. This role is about coaching and guiding our news team to reach an even wider audience.
We are looking for someone who is creative, digitally savvy and enjoys the fast pace of a daily newsroom.
You will need to be skilled at spotting and developing stories for a digital audience, have in-depth knowledge of social media and SEO optimisation, and be able to analyse statistics and in turn, use them to shape our news agenda.
The ideal candidate would already be working on a newsdesk or you could be an experienced senior reporter looking for the next step up. Either way, online reporting should be at the heart of what you do.
You will have an excellent knowledge of the law and will be comfortable dealing with members of the public.
- Be able to inspire and enthuse a team
- Embrace the chance to have fun in your job and with your team
- Drive our news agenda
- Work under pressure
- Be reactive, creative, and full of ideas
- Understand the how and why of search and social
- Know who is reading our stories, where and why
- Create the right mix of content, for the right time of day and platform
- Know exactly what makes a story and how to tell it for different platforms
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team on a competitive salary. Worcester is a brilliant place to live and work. Please apply with a covering letter outlining why you are the person for the job.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position