The Insurance Investment Exchange, the leading provider of events and thought leadership linked to investment issues and trends of relevance to the insurance industry, is looking for an ambitious editor and reporter to join us on a part-time basis in building out our online content, supporting our events with articulate informative commentaries, and deepening our brand as a key influencer. We are looking for a commitment of 2 days per week in the first instance. Our offices are in the City of London but remote working is fine.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious person with some experience and an interest in one of key growth areas in finance today, who is looking to add a long-term stable role to a portfolio of engagements today, and to developing a greater role with significant responsibility over time as the company grows its global offering. The potential exists for the role to grow and support other group companies, and become a full-time position over time. Freelancers are welcome, but must be able to commit on a long-term basis.
The Insurance Investment Exchange hosts over a dozen events a year, predominantly in London, that cater to its community of senior insurance investment professionals. We also have senior policymakers and regulators in regular attendance, and are seen as a key forum for getting the pulse of the industry in a challenging yet exciting macroeconomic environment. We have a website with some content, but this has not been a focus to date and the role is intended to help change that.
Applicants should be comfortable with numbers and financial markets, but also be able to communicate in clear engaging language and have strong people skills, given the relationship driven nature of the industry. An excellent command of spoken and written English, working to tight deadlines, and the ability to develop your own network of senior industry professionals over time are all essential. Knowledge of the insurance sector is helpful but not essential, though prior experience in related financial journalism of some sort (e.g. asset management, pensions, institutional investors etc.) is preferred. Our community is global, though with a bias to the UK, making any wider knowledge/understanding of different jurisdictions and even other languages an advantage.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Source and write interesting stories for the website every week from both the content at our events and externally. We are not intending to be a news website, so curation of what is truly interesting is key.
- Write copy for digital supplements
- Work with our Contributing Editor to develop an editorial calendar
- Cultivate a strong book of contacts from across the market and build a network of senior sources for stories and interviews
- Work to tight deadlines to produce sterling copy
- Upload content and assist in managing the website
- Attend events / conferences of relevance to the industry
- Develop new ideas for the website and our outreach
- Have 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Have knowledge of working with content management systems (e.g. Joomla, Wordpress) and social media
- Have exceptional organisational skills and ability to multitask
- Be able to work with a high degree of autonomy and manage your time effectively to deliver on goals.
We have an office in London but do not require you to be onsite, though you must be available to attend events and for meetings. As a young but growing influencer, candidates have a unique opportunity to earn responsibility, take on bigger roles and develop their network far quicker than with larger firms.
How to apply:
If the position is of interest, please send your CV along with a cover letter and any relevant writing samples to Dr Bob Swarup at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. The starting salary is £21,000 - £26,000 per annum (pro rata), depending on experience. There is also a discretionary bonus as we believe in rewarding excellence and working collaboratively to grow the business. Freelancers are welcome.
Only successful applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Head of Research
Insurance Investment Exchange
Insurance Investment Exchange
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position