We are looking for a passionate and highly organised digital content editor to take full responsibility for planning, briefing, curating, editing, publishing and analysing content for the official Warrior Cats website (warriorcats.com), sending marketing emails, managing the related PopJam channel as well as running a fan outreach programme.
The successful candidate should be a skilled digital-first content editor, with an eye for detail and a detailed understanding of the special requirements of running a content led website, and related channels.
The role will take full responsibility for the daily running of the website, planning for and publishing new content, assessing what’s working well and what’s less popular by analysing the website data and providing recommendations, listening to and liaising with the fanbase (both through messages to the site and on other platforms) and managing, creating and publishing content on the PopJam Warriors channel.
They will need to ensure content is refreshed daily including creating monthly content schedules and themes based around key brand /product milestones, considering optimal frequency of different types of content, tagging and titling content, briefing the Exec to create and curate specific content, setting up competitions, promoting new merchandise available and looking at the analytics to optimise and inform future content creation/sourcing.
Ideally they should have an interest in or be willing to gain passion for Warriors books by Erin Hunter. The books are written by a team of authors under the pseudonym “Erin Hunter” at Working Partners Ltd, a Coolabi Group company. Coolabi owns the IP and Warriors website.
The digital content editor will report into the head of digital at Coolabi and work closely with the other people in the content and brand management team who will also be contributing to the running of the hub, the Erin Hunter editorial team and authors at Working Partners, the digital agency and managing a digital content executive who will support this role by creating articles, quizzes, polls etc.
- Oversee all content including layout and presentation, prioritisation, categorising, creating titles, choosing imagery and tagging content to help with search and SEO. Decide on optimum frequency and mix of content.
- Create a monthly schedule/plan mapping out all content uploads and any new content requirements for the website, and social media channels and briefing out/project managing delivery of all the content.
- Publish content using bespoke CMS system.
- Check all content for accuracy, proofread and edit material.
- Use Google Analytics to look at key data assess what content is more/less popular, what is keeping fans engaged and provide recommendations for future content planning.
- Liaise with the team to facilitate driving purchase of product / merch on the Warriors online store – balancing out “buy now” commercial messages with editorial.
- Respond to fans and create a fan outreach programme to drive traffic to the hub and keep the fans engaged.
- Prepare and manage regular emails to go out to registered users (with support from Design team).
- Decide on images to use to promote and support content and resize using Photoshop according to requirements of the CMS to publish content on the hub.
- Create images and posts suitable for the young audience on PopJam channel to promote the hub and key brand messages/products while keeping audience as engaged as possible.
- Provide a monthly report to share with senior management team, showing key stats, analysis and highlights from the hub, emails and PopJam each month.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Proven experience in organising, planning and project managing a content based website
- Experience in using CMS systems to update websites
- Qualifications in digital media/content or similar field and work experience in a related role of at least 2 years
- Excellent writing skills (in English)
- Confident at sourcing and manipulating/resizing images using Photoshop
- Experience of writing and designing email newsletters
- Experience of writing/curating content for a young audience and editing copy for digital
- Good understanding of creating content / copy / tags with SEO in mind
- Experience of fan outreach
- Creative mind
- Knowledge of Warriors book series and fans
- Social media management experience
Info and how to apply:
Start date: ideally the candidate will be available to start early May 2019, or sooner!
Hours: 24 hours a week
Location: The role will require some occasional days/meetings in the London office with the team, but the role can mostly be undertaken working remotely
The candidate will need to provide their own PC/phone/equipment.
Contract: Fixed term contract for 1 year with a one-month notice period
Closing date for application: 11 April 2019
Applying for the role:
Please send CV and cover letter to Naomi Dare.
Head of Digital
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position