If you are obsessed with how presentation of digital content can transform the way it's received by a reader, from creating interactive formats to writing attention-demanding headlines to adapting it for different social media platforms, then you could be the person that Campaign is looking for.
Campaign is seeking a bright and enthusiastic digital production editor to join its editorial team and help improve its industry-leading, multi-channel coverage of the advertising, marketing and media sector.
The role will ensure every element of the website is the best it can be, scouring the site daily to spot problems, constantly updating pages that require it and regularly sharing best practice with the editorial team in order to evolve our approach to digital content. This is a proactive role that demands initiative and passion to drive change and improvements in everything we do.
You will be a proficient sub editor with an amazing eye for detail, uploading copy to tight deadlines each day and writing attention-grabbing headlines that meet the brand's tone of voice. You will help ensure all copy is optimised to best serve and attract our core audience.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Subbing, uploading, tagging copy and writing engaging headlines that meet both audience and SEO requirements.
- Equally adept at creating immersive and innovative digital experiences as you are at attention to the smallest details across the whole site.
- Help develop, maintain and implement a broader content production/distribution strategy that covers all of the content requirements for the brand’s digital channels.
- Bringing all editorial content to life across desktop, mobile and tablet platforms.
- Using your initiative to help evolve our approach to the daily production of news and feature articles, ensuring content is as engaging as possible for an online audience.
- Coding skills are highly desirable. A willingness to learn using your own initiative is essential.
- Scheduling daily social media output across all our channels.
- Ensure the quality of newly supplied content meets pre-agreed quality standards.
- Excellent timekeeping, scheduling skills and self-management to ensure the monthly print content is uploaded and produced for online to tight deadlines, as well as organising the calendar of annual specials that you will digitally produce, eg Power 100, School Reports, 30 Under 30, all our post-event Awards content and coverage (and many more), to ensure the digital products you have created are signed off well ahead of publishing dates.
- Ensure content needs are met across the brand, and across devices customers want to use.
- Use data analytics for daily, weekly and monthly traffic monitoring for all major metrics and goal tracking, alongside the audience engagement manager and the rest of the team.
- This role will also take a proactive, essential lead in spotting what is happening to newly published content each day, identifying if an article is flying or, sometimes more importantly, underperforming so that we can take corrective measures - and we can all learn from and adapt our editorial approach.
- Web analytics and SEO a must - and also pushing the value of these to the whole team, along with your knowledge of the latest digital content trends. This team member is expected to uncover emerging trends in digital publishing - what brilliant looks like, new formats, new tools etc - and share regularly with the team to ensure our digital content is always evolving and improving.
- Experience working on a digitally-led editorial brand.
- Excellent forward planning and continuous research into new tools.
- You will be an excellent communicator with brilliant attention to detail and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, proactively getting ahead on the digital versions of our many ‘special’ projects throughout the year.
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Self-starter who can multitask, solve problems, and take ownership of projects
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with a variety of colleagues across the business
- Ability to adapt to and operate effectively in a fast-paced and evolving team environment
- An in-depth understanding of the marcomms audience and how they interact with the brand
- Experience in using content to drive traffic, engagement and user growth
- Committed to staying informed about latest technologies, media, interactive research and emerging related standards
- Brand ambassador who cares about brand integrity and who is prepared to actively enforce brand guidelines to protect the brand
- A constant source of ideas for how to improve our online and mobile experience
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position