Is digital story-telling your passion? Can you use Google Trends, Crowdtangle and performance tools such as Chartbeat and Parse.ly, to make sure our reporting team is achieving their potential?
Then you could be the person we are looking for to help lead our newsroom and grow our websites.
You will need to be able to direct our teams of excellent reporters and be happy to help coach our trainees, alongside our talented newsdesk teams.
We are looking for people who are creative, digitally savvy, understand the needs and pressures of a modern newsroom and want to help us deliver the best possible products to our audience.
The ideal candidates would already be working on a newsdesk or could be experienced senior reporters looking for the next step up. Either way, online reporting should be at the heart of what you do.
You will have an excellent knowledge of the law and will be comfortable dealing with members of the public.
- Be able to inspire and enthuse a team
- Embrace the chance to have fun in your job and with your team
- Drive our news agenda
- Work under pressure
- Be reactive, creative, and full of ideas
- Understand the how and why of search and social
- Know who is reading our stories, where and why
- Create the right mix of content, for the right time of day and platform
- Know exactly what makes a story and how to tell it for different platforms
Perks of the job:
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays AND your birthday off!
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee rewards programme
- Cinema vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- High street vouchers
- Virgin Media discount
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position