About the team
PetsRadar.com is poised to be the leading website and go to place for healthy and happy pets. Whether you are pet-parent to a dog, cat, reptile, horse or rabbit, PetsRadar.com's aim is to help people find the food, product or insurance plan their pet needs quickly and easily, thanks to hundreds of in-depth reviews and expert guides. PetsRadar.com is here to help make a pet's life a long and happy one.
The PetsRadar team is a small, friendly, agile team who are full of ambition and hugely excited about working on the launch of this new site. Launched in September 2020, this site is at the beginning of an exciting journey.
Please note, the location of the role can be based in London, Bath or remote.
This is an amazing opportunity to join Future's new launch, PetsRadar.com, as a digital editor and be part of a brand new team during the exciting, early stages of the site's development.
You will be responsible for creating expert and engaging content ranging from advice on pet healthcare and diet to reviews of the latest pet accessories and technology.
You will report into the labs director but also work closely alongside the editor and also key departments during the site's launch phase.
- Deliver quality, relevant and well-written copy as directed by the editor
- Generate appropriate news, reviews, features, content and ideas
- Develop and maintain productive industry, PR and commercial relations
- Plan and write copy to set deadlines according to best editorial practice
- Understand editorial SEO, ensuring all articles are optimised for search
- Create and send the brand’s email newsletter if applicable as directed by the editor or other senior editorial staff
- Regularly update and maintain any of PetsRadar.com’s social media channels as directed by the editor or other senior editorial staff
- Attend press conferences and live events as and when necessary
- Develop audience growth and audience monetisation strategies
- Work with commercial teams to identify new business opportunities
- Ensure the audience for this digital content is maximised in line with best practice SEO and paywall methods
- Create and implement a social media strategy
- Monitor performance of articles and social media posts to assess what content is most effective
- Update existing articles on the websites, ensuring they remain relevant and rank highly
What do I need to succeed?
- A passion for pets and animals as well as a fundamental understanding of audience interests and needs
- Proven ability to write high-quality, engaging and relevant content
- Proven ability to create content quickly and effectively
- Strong command of SEO principles
- Understanding of digital content approaches, including websites, social media channels and email newsletters
- Ability to work as part of a wider team
- First-rate communication skills
- A can-do attitude and a desire to constantly strive for growth and success
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position