An opportunity has arisen to become digital editor of an exciting service, launched in 2018 and focused on food innovation. We are looking for a visionary leader who is a passionate foodie and enjoys planning and hosting events as much as managing and writing engaging copy.
Food Spark is a digital, paid subscription service designed to inspire and support food professionals with their menu development and NPD. Focused on UK innovation impacted by global trends, subscriber companies include a wide range of foodservice operators (restaurant, food to go and pub chains), supermarket retailers and suppliers/manufacturers.
The next phase of Food Spark’s evolution is to launch an events programme focused around innovation.
Characteristics and previous experience:
- Editorial leadership expertise and vision, ideally within a food context;
- Experience organising, directing and writing content for digital platforms;
- Technically savvy with a keen eye for imagery;
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude;
- Management experience;
- Planning and hosting events ideal;
- Understanding of paid subscription services preferred; and
- Highly creative individual.
- Manage the deputy editor and a team of contributors to ensure a continuous stream of high-quality content;
- Edit articles to ensure they conform to Food Spark’s editorial standards and voice;
- Write pieces for the service that examine emerging food trends and innovation;
- Identify and manage event opportunities, including personally recruiting speakers and hosting;
- Represent Food Spark at relevant trade shows. This will involve both attending as well as speaking/presenting at appropriate events; and
- Liaise with William Reed’s marketing and sales teams to achieve mutual objectives.
Company benefits include:
- Contributory pension;
- Life Assurance scheme;
- Group income protection;
- Health cash plan;
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Season ticket loan; and
- Fresh fruit.
If you feel you have what it takes to take Food Spark to the next level, please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position