Are you a talented digital journalist looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have a flair for digital communications and an understanding of how to tailor messages to engage and motivate different audiences? Do you have a passion for the countryside? And are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and gather experience at the heart of a busy lobbying, press and communications team that is working on some of the highest profile and most controversial political issues in current national debate?
The CLA, which is the membership body representing rural businesses across England and Wales is looking to recruit an energetic Digital Media Executive. The organisation is undergoing a period of exciting change as it seeks to significantly increase its profile. You will play a key role in making this happen.
Location: 16 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8PQ
Reporting to: Tan Parsons, Managing Editor – Print & Digital Communications
Reporting Staff: None
Summary of Responsibilities
Working within the CLA’s External Affairs department, this role is as an integral part of the Print and Digital team.
The role’s main responsibilities are: supporting the Managing Editor in delivering brilliant written content for the CLA’s magazine and website; editing and sending the CLA’s Weekly News email to CLA members; driving content and engagement across the CLA’s social media platforms and managing content on the CLA website.
- Editing the CLA’s Weekly News e-newsletter and sending out to members each Friday.
- Commissioning, editing and uploading blogs by the CLA’s policy and public affairs teams to the CLA website; managing web content as necessary.
- Planning and generating content for the CLA’s social media, working closely with the Public Affairs and Communications teams within External Affairs to support CLA campaigns.
- Helping develop the CLA’s presence across platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Supporting the External Affairs team in rebuilding the CLA website in 2019.
- Producing short videos for Weekly News and social media.
- Measuring the effectiveness of the CLA’s digital communications through data analysis.
- Supporting the Managing Editor by writing, editing and commissioning articles for the CLA’s members’ magazine Land & Business as required.
- Assisting with production and writing of the CLA Annual.
- Ensuring content for print products is coordinated and used in digital media.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position