upday is hiring experienced journalists to curate credible news and video content for an exciting new project! This person will cover a wide range of subject areas, including breaking news, health, entertainment and sports. He or she will be responsible for reviewing and selecting stories from a diverse set of publishers and broadcasters, developing a content strategy and plans for big news events, and collaborating with product teams to improve user experience.
Please note this position starts immediately and is a fixed contract for four months with the possibility of extension. This role requires the ability to work nights and weekends.
The ideal candidate:
- has a background in journalism and experience with social media and content partner management
- is a voracious reader with impeccable news judgment
- has experience making difficult editorial decisions and responding quickly and accurately to breaking news
- has a strong knowledge of UK news and current affairs
- works well under pressure in a fast-paced news environment
How to apply:
- Please send a short cover letter, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and CV to the UK Editor-in-Chief Dina Spector at email@example.com.
- Please mark your submissions “digital news curator” and put your name in the subject line.
upday is an award-winning news app launched by Axel Springer in partnership with Samsung for its flagship smartphones and devices. We are one of the largest news apps in Europe with 25 million monthly active users across 34 countries.
Tel: 07841 457062
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position
- copywriters copywriters feed
- editorial assistants / trainees editorial assistants / trainees feed
- editors and management editors and management feed
- freelance freelance feed
- news news feed
- production and sub-editors production and sub-editors feed
- section editors section editors feed
- new media new media feed
- internships internships feed
- social media social media feed