So, you are in a morning editorial and the senior news editor says, ‘We’re going to do this, this and this.’
Can you explain why our digital platforms could score big by doing a different story?
Are you a news junkie who can drive content across our digital and social platforms?
Are you an ambitious journalist who either is, or can quickly get, across the defence/military brief?
Then you might be the digital news editor we’re looking for.
Springing from a genuinely multi-platform newsroom that has audiences in the millions across forces.net, TV, radio, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, we make content for and about the military.
- You will have strong creative ideas about our video content, understand how to use analytics in the drive for traffic and engagement.
- Working closely with our TV and radio teams your job will be to encourage and develop multi-platform staff to make sure they deliver the right content for all our platforms.
- You will need to be prepared to be hands on creating and uploading content and maybe looking for the kind of experience that can take you into management.
- We are a nimble organisation where talent thrives and is rewarded fast.
- We’ve got a friendly, ambitious team. We support flexible working, empower people, and have free fruit too.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a digital news environment
- Strong writing and subbing skills.
- A positive attitude and self-starting mindset.
- A creative eye with great attention to detail.
- strong engagement with social media.
- An understanding of analytics and SEO.
Who are we?
Forces News is part of BFBS, the only independent source of multimedia news about the British Armed Forces. Our reporters in the UK and overseas bring you the latest news, comment and in-depth stories from operations and exercises.
For full details and how to apply go to http://jobs.ssvc.com/1984404795
BFBS is a military charity and media organisation with a mission to inform, entertain, connect and champion the UK serving military, their families and veterans.
We have been keeping the serving military connected and in touch for over 75 years, building morale and offering those serving overseas a valuable connection to life back home. We help them feel happier, know what’s going on around the world, share experiences and build communities.
Today, our TV, radio and digital platforms offer entertainment, news, sport and information services to the Armed Forces, their families, veterans and anyone interested in the military.
In recent years, building on our in-depth knowledge of the military and our digital, media and technological innovation expertise, we have also developed value-for-money commercial services for the military and other government clients. These include digital and creative services, a training and development academy, and pioneering technical media and communication solutions that work even in the most extreme environments.
Why work for us?
BFBS is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are committed to looking after our people, helping them to develop their skills and build successful careers.
So, whether your background is military, media, digital, broadcast – or perhaps something else – if you want to work with talented and passionate colleagues to help us in our mission to entertain, inform, connect and champion the UK Armed Forces, please take a look at our current vacancies.
Closing date: Sunday 9th February 2020 – We do reserve the right to close this the job/advert sooner.
Interviews can take place before the close date, so please apply sooner rather than later.
At Chalfont Grove, Narcot Lane, Chalfont St Giles, Bucks. SL9 8TN.
We thank you for your interest and application. We can’t guarantee being able to respond to all applicants, therefore, if we do not contact you within 10 working days of the closing date, you have been unsuccessful. Please look out for other opportunities on our website www.bfbs.com/jobs
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position