The Northern Echo, Newsquest’s flagship daily title, is looking for a top-class digital reporter with bundles of enthusiasm to join the Great Daily of the North.
Working on our County Durham team at the heart of the Echo newsroom, the perfect candidate will play a pivotal role in continuing to grow our online audiences.
We are looking for a journalist who will able to get to grips with the pressures of a modern newsroom, can spot news trends and react to them fast, as well as get their teeth into the sorts of campaigns and investigations worthy of our multimedia platforms.
You will be as at home running a live blog or Facebook Live video as you are turning round a breaking news story in moments.
You will be:
- Digitally focused - and know how to deliver proper local news stories in the most engaging way
- Full of digital ideas and confident on how to make them sing online
- Ready to try new ideas and have some fun with them
- Ready to delve into analytics and know how to use them to maximise digital traffic -and hungry to learn
- Driven to get the best stories for our audience - and get out there and talk to people
- Keen to get under the skin of the community you are serving and dig out the exclusives we are looking for
- A talented trainee or senior willing to work hard and get the best out of a busy patch
- Keen to develop your SEO skills and have a working knowledge of it
The role would be suited to a senior journalist looking to make the next move in their career, however outstanding newly qualified NCTJ trainees will also be considered.
We are offering a competitive salary up to £25,000, dependent on experience plus bonus and offer flexible working from home and from our offices in Darlington and Bishop Auckland.
If this sounds like the job for you, email your CV and a brief covering letter to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 October. Applications will be considered as they are submitted.
The Northern Echo
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position