Overall purpose of role:
The overall purpose of this role is to support the Organic Performance (OP) team by delivering media coverage and backlinks for campaigns which are designed to increase the levels of organic search visitors to MoneySuperMarket.com. You will be responsible for driving customer acquisition in order to achieve annual business objectives and targets.
Supporting outreach and digital PR promotion is fundamental to the role and strong media relations skills and the ability to build and maintain a diverse network of media contacts at national, regional and trade level who will deliver coverage for OP campaigns is a key requirement. You will work both within a team of search experts as well as with the wider team, integrating with a diverse range of disciplines across marketing including consumer PR, content, brand, social and data teams.
Media relations – (70%)
- Supporting promotion of our key content initiatives by selling in OP campaigns, with a view to securing linked coverage for SEO benefit.
- Identifying opportunities across the MSM site for proactive content promotion with media.
- Agreeing clear KPIs in discussion with the OP and PR teams and taking responsibility for delivering these annually.
- Creating target publication lists based on reach, relevance and online authority.
- Building and maintaining your own media contacts based on search insights and opportunity.
- Achieving online media coverage which demonstrates digital ROI and adheres to search best practice.
Insight % content support - (20%)
- Incorporating insight from site audits delivered by OP Campaign Team into digital PR approach.
- Working with the customer science team to utilise first party data to create press releases in support of organic performance content.
- Competitor content and outreach analysis to identify trends and opportunities for MoneySuperMarket.
- Share learnings with the wider Organic Performance team to drive performance and efficiencies.
- Stakeholder management – liaising with PR, commercial and content teams.
- Ensuring all outreach activity is compliant with search engine guidelines and marketing best practice.
Team - (10%)
- Provide support, direction and updates on digital PR advances and industry updates to the strategy and technical team.
- Define communications approach and guide other members of the team who wish to support outreach.
- Represent the team in internal marketing meetings.
- Work with the digital campaign lead to build, execute and track the digital PR communications plan.
- Build a network of internal contacts in the commercial, customer science, content and brand teams, so you can identify newsworthy content for the media.
- Coordinate data and interview requests from media with our spokespeople and other internal teams.
- Develop your own network of media contacts of relevance to MSM.com.
- Support the management of external agencies and third-party service providers.
- Support risk assessment for on-going off-page decisions.
- Delivery of performance against set KPIs and personal annual objectives.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- A background in agency, with a good nose for news and an understanding of how PR can drive SEO.
- A highly organised approach to planning and processes, including a proven ability to track and meet targets.
- Comfortable with analysing data and turning it into media-friendly insights.
- Excellent writing skills and experience of drafting digital PR plans, press releases and reports.
- A flexible approach to the role and an appetite for integrated working, particularly with other marketing disciplines, as part of a growing team with an evolving remit.
Nice to have:
- Some media relationships of relevance to MSM.com.
- Some knowledge and experience of the financial services and / or energy industries.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SEO with specific emphasis on off-page best practice.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record providing ROI and achieving targets in a competitive market.
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal/external customers.
- Proven record in working as part of a team and as an individual.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position