CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its six TV channels – English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian and documentary, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN Europe is a fresh multimedia news channel from a modern, purpose-built newsroom in London’s Chiswick Business Park. It will join the other regional CGTN hubs in Beijing, Nairobi and Washington DC in helping the network to set the news agenda across the UK and Europe, by broadcasting and publishing award-winning news and current affairs content that will provide a fresh take on European political, economic, social and cultural affairs.
We are now seeking a digital producer to join the new digital department in London.
- Curate, edit and write news stories – combining appropriate text, video photography, audio and infographics – for publication across digital platforms, reporting to the executive producer in Digital Media.
- Critique your own and other’s copy, ensuring content is engaging and creative.
- Monitor breaking and developing news to edit and publish through a disciplined workflow process.
- Pitch and produce original and distinctive stories.
- Collaborate with designers, video editors and developers under tight time constraints.
With previous experience in digital production and a track record in producing engaging and creative content.
You will also:
- Have a deep understanding of current affairs and international relations within Europe and Asia.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge and proficiency in the latest digital technology and systems across websites and social media platforms.
- Have an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding 24-hour news environment, with a willingness to be flexible according the news cycle.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse office.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
11th Floor Building 7 Chiswick Park
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position