CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a digital journalist to join the new team in London.
- Cover breaking news in multimedia formats for the main CGTN.com website;
- Deliver news stories in formats suitable for social media;
- Produce original pitches for features both linked to the daily news agenda and longer-term themes; and
- Edit news videos based on content from CGTN correspondents, CGTN television output and agency material.
With solid experience working in an international newsroom, you will have a thorough comprehension of how news works on social media and a demonstrable knowledge of working in different media formats e.g. text, video.
You will also:
- A background in using data to evaluate performance and adapting approaches accordingly;
- Have a strong interest in European and international news;
- Be a fast, accurate writer;
- Learn new technologies quickly;
- Be great working as part of a team;
- Be proficient in common video editing platforms, notably Adobe Premiere; and
- Be flexible and able to adapt to the different demands of audiences.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position