CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We will soon open a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a digital product manager to join the new team in London.
A Successful Candidate will:
- Oversee and create links between design, development and the digital media strategy of new news oriented platforms being launched in London by CGTN Europe
- Report to the executive producer of digital media
- Work with web developers, visual designers and editors to create user-friendly websites and other digital media products
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of how to creatively enhance CGTN's online presence.
- Possess strong knowledge of the latest trends in the digital media landscape, production techniques and engineering requirements to produce technically acceptable and innovate digital products
- Work closely with digital production teams in a multi-platform environment to meet daily deadlines and creative expectations
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace design and technological development in software and hardware as applied to digital production.
With extensive experience in all aspects of digital production, you will have work experience in international news organization.
You will also:
- Possess a portfolio that demonstrates first-class creative talent
- Demonstrate a strong grasp of international affairs especially relating to Europe & Asia.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position