CGTN Europe is a brand, new multimedia channel in Chiswick Business Park operates from a modern, purpose-built newsroom. It will join the other regional CGTN hubs in Beijing, Nairobi and DC in helping the network to set the news agenda across the UK and Europe, by broadcasting and publishing award-winning news and current affairs content that will provide a fresh take on European political, economic, social and cultural affairs.
We are now seeking a digital product specialist to join the new digital team in London.
- Oversee and create links between design, development and the content teams working on CGTN Europe’s platforms.
- Enhance CGTN’s online presence on websites, apps, social media and other platforms through creative consultation with web developers and designers.
- Design and implement new digital products to creatively enhance the channel’s online presence.
- Work closely with digital production teams in a multi-platform environment to meet daily deadlines and creative expectations.
- Act as liaison with CGTN Beijing’s product team.
With substantial experience working within a digital product role, ideally within a media technology business, you will demonstrate the ability to oversee digital platforms and systems to ensure news is delivered in a fresh and engaging manner.
You will also:
- Possess strong knowledge of the latest trends in the digital media landscape, production techniques and engineering requirements to produce technically acceptable and innovative digital products.
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace design and technological development in software and hardware as applied in digital production.
- Exhibit a proven portfolio that demonstrates first-class creative talent.
- Thrive under pressure, especially in a “start-up” broadcast centre environment.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse office.
- Chinese speaking would be a bonus.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position