A little about Yahoo Finance UK:
Yahoo Finance UK is looking for a bright, dynamic personality to enhance the reputation of the Yahoo brand as a leading site for finance news and analysis.
As Finance App/Homepage Editor, you will be able to straddle all aspects of finance ranging from breaking news, economic policy, technology trends, business strategy, and anything else that might be of importance and interest to our readers.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate important topics and the big picture in an entertaining and engaging manner way that our audience can understand.
You will liaise closely with senior members of the Yahoo Finance UK team and engage with a wide range of premium providers to ensure the mobile and desktop experiences are as dynamic as they can be.
Video will also be a key area in which the site will increasingly operate and you will be expected to thrive in this environment.
Yahoo Finance UK’s Oath in Three Words: Make Money Work
- You will be responsible for programming the mobile and desktop experiences to ensure we are promoting the best journalism available from Yahoo Finance journalists as well as a wide range of premium providers
- Be on top of breaking finance news and, where necessary, be able to report on developments across the sector accurately and with flair
- You will be able to write headlines that are accurate, engaging and distinctive and be in charge of sending breaking news alerts to drive traffic and engagement
- Liaise with the Product team to improve the mobile and desktop experience wherever possible
- Work with the audience team to help develop a social media strategy as well as be comfortable using data analytics platforms to understand Yahoo Finance UK’s audience and interpret that data to inform editorial decisions
- Help organise the day-to-day running of the site, which will include reacting to breaking stories as well as researching and planning for a schedule of events and articles
- Flexible working hours will be a necessity in a digital news environment
- BA or BS degree – preferably journalism-related
- Ideally 2 years’ experience in digital journalism.
- An excellent knowledge of financial markets and passion for the field of financial reporting
- The ability to quickly learn new content management systems and data sources
- Track record of success in a fast-paced news environment
- A passion for and knowledge of social news tools and channels
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "apply online" button below