We are seeking an ambitious, digitally skilled and versatile journalist to unearth the best breaking news, features, leisure and trending stories on an incredibly lively patch.
You will be passionate about digital storytelling, be hard-working, full of ideas and have a desire to come up with innovative ways of presenting stories across various platforms.
A big part of the job will also be immersing yourself in social media, developing relationships and understanding what matters to the community.
We want to tell the stories our audiences care about - from covering crime and local politics to telling powerful human interests and championing the best of the town.
You will also ask the questions that hold power to account and want to play a part in helping communities build back following the pandemic.
The role is based at our friendly office in Basildon. You will be a fully qualified reporter with 100wpm shorthand. We will also consider outstanding trainees with gold standard NCTJ preliminary qualifications and 100wpm.
A driving licence is essential, as is access to a car. We work on a rota basis with some early and late shifts as well as some weekend working.
You will be:
- Brimming with ideas on how to tackle the remit and get the most out of it digitally
- Fully across what digital readers want from local news coverage
- A digital native, with digital storytelling at the forefront of all you do
- Excellent at developing relationships with key contacts to improve coverage
- Driven to succeed using the digital analytics tools at your disposal
- A self-starter, brilliant with time management
Perks of the job:
- 25 days' annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee rewards programme
- Cinema vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- High street vouchers
- Virgin Media discount
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position