Haymarket Business Media is looking for a digital reporter to work across market-leading brands the ENDS Report and ENDS Europe.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time, with the ENDS Report soon to relaunch its print publication and website, and further developments in the pipeline.
The ENDS Report is the UK’s leading news and information service for environmental professionals, serving environment managers in business, regulators, environmental consultants and a wide range of other environmental specialists.
ENDS Europe is Europe’s environmental news service, reporting on EU and European environmental policymaking as it happens for an international audience of policymakers, influencers and industrial regulatory and sustainability managers.
Candidates must have a recognised journalistic qualification or experience. An ability to make complex issues accessible through clearly structured and accurate reporting is essential.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting our efforts to grow our online audience. They will help to increase the use of infographics on our websites, and take a lead role in managing our social media pages.
An understanding of environmental issues or a proven interest in the area is desirable, but is not as important to the role as curiosity and a willingness to become knowledgeable about the subject matter.
ENDS is part of Haymarket Business Media. This role will be based at our offices in Twickenham and will report to the ENDS Editor.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Monitoring widely for news and generating off diary news
- Writing relevant, timely news articles
- Understanding and interpreting subscribers’ requirements
- Respecting deadlines, briefs and house style
- Checking facts to ensure accuracy
- Being aware of the political and economic context of stories
- Managing ENDS Report’s and ENDS Europe’s social media pages
- Positively communicating the ENDS brand in person and through social media platforms
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Good news sense and ability to think creatively about the news agenda
- Good time management and decision-making skills
- An interest in and experience of data journalism and infographics
- Curiosity and the willingness to become knowledgeable about the subject matter
- Good understanding of media law
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Good organisational skills and the ability to juggle deadlines and priorities
- Professional demeanour and attitude
- Ability to build and maintain professional contacts
- Ability to use your own initiative and motivate yourself
- Tenacity and determination
- An understanding of environmental issues or a proven interest in the area
To apply, please submit a CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would be a good candidate for the job, as well as three examples of bylined pieces (ideally via online links)
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position