Newsquest Cheshire is looking for a talented digital reporter to help drive us to the next level online.
Working for titles in Warrington and Mid Cheshire including the award-winning Warrington Guardian, the perfect candidate will play a pivotal role in continuing to grow our online audiences.
We are looking for a journalist who will able to get to grips with the pressures of a modern newsroom, can spot news trends and react to them fast, as well as get their teeth into the sorts of campaigns and investigations worthy of our multimedia platforms.
You will be as at home running a live blog or Facebook Live video as you are turning round a breaking news story in moments.
You will be:
- Digitally focused - and know how to deliver proper local news stories in the most engaging way
- Full of digital ideas and confident on how to make them sing online
- Ready to try new ideas and have some fun with them
- Ready to delve into analytics and know how to use them to maximise digital traffic - and hungry to learn
- Driven to get the best stories for our audience - and get out there and talk to people
- Keen to get under the skin of the community you are serving and dig out the exclusives we are looking for
- A talented trainee or senior willing to work hard and get the best out of a busy patch
- Keen to develop your SEO skills and have a working knowledge of it
The role would be suited to a senior journalist looking to make the next move in their career, however outstanding newly qualified NCTJ trainees will also be considered.
The closing date for applications is Friday 1 October, however we will begin the recruitment and interview process as and when applications arrive.
Click apply now to send your CV.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position