We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value. We’re advertising for two roles (ideally one to someone with a showbiz background and one with a TV background).
Purpose of role:
To produce and edit outstanding stories for The Sun with a focus on TV and showbiz with SEO principles baked into every story we produce. The roles operate on weekly rota and you’ll be working evenings once week a month and one weekend a month.
- Writing high-quality, entertaining TV and showbiz features as directed by the SEO editors
- Maintaining and editing celebrity profiles and evergreen content to maximise SEO traffic, from Kim Kardashian to Game of Thrones
- Liaising with the video and picture desk
- Occasional live blogging of key showbiz events, from the Brits’ red carpet to the Love Island final
- Pitching fun, new and exciting content ideas for trending shows and celebrities with SEO potential
- Consulting with the Head of SEO and Digital Showbiz and TV Editor in order to resolve issues with stories
- Keeping line managers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Understand how to recirculate readers within The Sun and keep them engaged with our content
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the PCC Code of Conduct
Key Skills and Experience:
- Superb knowledge of all things showbiz, celebrity or TV
- Solid understanding and experience of adhering to SEO best practices
- Positive attitude and good team player who can bring new ideas to the table
- Unflappable under pressure and deliver work at a consistently high standard
- An understanding of search trends, key words and how Google works
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position