Compelo are looking for a bright, self-motivated digital strategist who will lead the company’s efforts in both digital publishing and social media.
The successful candidate will ensure all Compelo sites deliver first-rate content through using proven and emerging digital platforms and techniques to ensure user engagement is at its highest.
The role will help Compelo attract a targeted audience through SEO, social and email, ensuring we engage our audience and convert them into email subscribers, social followers or commercial partners.
We are a leading global B2B and B2C media business with a diverse portfolio of media brands.
The group has ambitious plans for audience development and growth in 2018 and beyond.
The group has over seven million website visitors per month and 1,800 employees strategically located around the world.
The role provides an exciting opportunity to help grow a collection of world-class B2C and B2B products.
Our brands include: EliteTraveler.com, Spearswms.com, Compelo.com and NewStatesman.com
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Work towards hitting an agreed set of traffic and audience targets
- Provide a digital strategy for Compelo’s brands, working across SEO, social media and other publishing platforms (e.g. Apple News)
- Support the editorial teams with research on keywords and content to reach traffic objectives
- Manage each site’s traffic, continually refining the plan depending on new insights and editorial opportunities
- Provide training to editorial teams on SEO and social media best practice
- Manage technical testing team and optimisation projects
- Train digital editorial teams on shaping stories to resonate with desired audiences, through effective headlines, content framing, primary publication platform and social amplification
- Monitor and analyse performance in major search engines, ensuring the company stays on top of the latest developments
- Monitor and analyse performance on social media platforms
Essential skills & requirements
- Proven experience in building large traffic and audiences
- An incredibly strong understanding of “content” and “technical” SEO
- Experience in digital analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics
- Ability to extract data using data warehouse and visualization tools like Google BigQuery
- Ability to grow audiences through social media and other communities
- Ambitious and proactive
- Applicants must have come from a media company and must have previous experience in digital publishing.
To apply for this job please click the 'apply online' button below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position