CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN’s aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organization by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a digital video editor to join the new team in London.
- Adapt content filmed for television for digital platforms (website and social media);
- Create digital video edits from agency material around news stories;
- Edit original videos created by the digital team (both in studio and the field) into short and mid formats; and
- Contribute ideas for new videos and formats.
With experience working in an international newsroom, you will be an expert in common editing platforms, notable Adobe Premiere and have extensive knowledge of how to work in different media formats e.g. text, video.
You will also:
- Have a complete understanding of how the news works on social media;
- Understand how video works on different social media platforms;
- Have a record of working to deadline;
- Be able to show examples of creative and imaginative editing that would be appropriate for an international news media; and
- Be a strong team player.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply online.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position