Permanent position: Paris (France)
Africa Intelligence, the leading African news site for professionals, is looking for an East Africa reporter to join its highly regarded team of investigative journalists.
Paris-based role with option to work remotely from country of residence.
As a valued member of an editorial team reputed for its expertise and high-calibre reporting, you will produce material for the East Africa and Horn of Africa sections of our daily online publication Africa Intelligence.
Your content will be read by professionals: political leaders, company directors, consultants, lawyers, academics, etc.
As a competent investigative journalist, you will have a certain amount of autonomy in your choice of subject matter and how you wish to cover this.
Africa Intelligence is a daily publication, and this role requires a capacity to handle a large workload while producing consistent, high-level content.
We are looking for someone with:
- A minimum of five years' professional experience in the industry.
- Significant experience working in East Africa.
- A diverse network of political and economic contacts in the region with access to high-level information.
- A Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant field (political science, international relations, African studies, economics, geopolitics, journalism, etc.).
- Excellent people skills with an appetite for getting to the bottom of a story, hunting down original content and unravelling chains of influence.
- Strong analysis skills and critical reasoning that allow you to better understand the inner workings of the political and business worlds in Africa.
If a native French speaker, be perfectly fluent in both written and spoken English. If a native English speaker, a good grasp of French is preferable.
Ability to travel within the East Africa region and to the company headquarters.
Contract: full-time permanent contract
Start date: as soon as possible
Pay: Based on experience and skills
Indigo Publications defends the values of editorial independence, intellectual rigour and brazen investigation.
The group's readers are its sole source of revenue, guaranteeing its financial independence. The company enjoys profitable growth (see annual results here) and has accelerated this growth in recent years.
Other reasons for working for Indigo:
- Pleasant offices in the heart of Paris (Bourse business district) or ability to work remotely;
- Attractive pay and regular pay reviews;
- A "social package" based on the company's results: profit-sharing, company savings plan, employee share option scheme;
- Meal vouchers, telephone and laptop computer, overseas travel.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position