Want to be part of the most dynamic media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a team where you can express yourself in an environment where change and growth are celebrated? If your answer is yes - then look no further.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about.
We have a great opportunity for an Ecommerce Staff Writer to work alongside the existing editorial teams across our portfolio of market leading websites including titles such as Expert Reviews, Coach, AutoExpress, The Week & Cyclist.
What will you be doing?
As Ecommerce Staff Writer, you’ll be responsible for creating content solely aimed at attracting an in-market audience looking for the best deal on the right product. This means creating editorial such as deal roundups, buyer’s guides, group tests, reviews and tutorials. Each piece of content should help users make the best purchasing decision possible.
You’ll be writing about anything from karaoke machines and smoothie makers to fake tan and hot tubs, so you’ll need to be able to quickly research a product area and come up with insightful buying guides to help people buy the right product for them.
You’ll also take ownership of our deals content for a range of product categories, finding the best deals and ensuring our content around these products is up to date with the latest offers.
You’ll be joining a fun, hardworking and sociable team who are driven towards rapidly growing ecommerce revenues.
- Keeping track of deals for specific product areas
- Writing deal roundups on a variety of topics and channels
- Using SEO and social to maximise traffic to your content
- Ensuring all of Dennis’s existing content is fully commercialised
- Working with the Head of Affiliate Content and Head of Partnerships & Affiliates to ensure you’re creating commercially actionable content
- Submitting ideas for new Ecom content across the Dennis portfolio
- Generating revenue through affiliate programmers
- Using analytics and affiliate data to measure the success of content.
Who are we looking for?
- Ideally from a journalism background, but if you can write well and have an ecommerce background, please still apply
- Dedicated focus on our ecommerce content and its delivery
- You must be very organised and have a passion for finding good deals
- Able to learn new product areas quickly and identify the key aspects in a buying decision
- Awareness of, and willingness to learn, SEO techniques and analytics.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
Our commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position