With about 200 economy and government reporters and editors worldwide, Bloomberg News has the capacity to cover the centres of economic and political power on every continent.
We're looking for an experienced journalist to join our Middle East team as an editor focused on the geopolitical and economic upheavals roiling the region.
This is an exciting position that will involve working with colleagues to untangle complex issues from Morocco to Iran and everything in between.
Based in the Middle East, we expect you to be full of ideas for news and features that break the mould. You will have the opportunity to contribute to all of Bloomberg's platforms and shape our coverage of the region's economies and politics.
A head for numbers and a grasp of the geopolitical narratives that drive the region's markets are essential. We are looking for an innovator with an eye for detail who can work across platforms to help transform a good story into a great story.
We'll trust you to:
- Edit breaking news and enterprise stories, often working under time pressure
- File fast and accurate headlines when needed
- Collaborate effectively across multiple platforms
- Help shape and coordinate coverage across the region
- Experience covering economies or politics with a proven ability to deliver stories
- Excellent news judgement and experience in a real-time news environment
- A flair for writing and editing standout stories
- To be a genuine team player who collaborates easily and effectively
- Knowledge of the region and/or any of its languages are an asset
Does this sound like you?
Click the 'apply online' button if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.