The Cannavist is a leading voice in the world of wellness, CBD and medical cannabis and we are looking for an editor to join our ranks and help push the magazine to new heights.
You will lead our small team of talented writers, curating a host of cannabis-related content from around the globe.
And with our recent "turning a new leaf" relaunch, you will also focus on stories from the world of health and wellbeing.
You will produce and sub copy to a high standard, adapting to The Cannavist's distinct style and spreading the positive message about legal cannabis.
Additionally, you will source stories, host interviews and generate unique content for the magazine and blog, keeping up-to-date with the latest industry happenings.
As a consumer-orientated magazine, we are stocked in a number of popular retailers such as WHSmith and McColl's, as well as the digital Readly platform.
This means you will be producing, writing and editing copy for an international audience of CBD-users, wellness activists and many more.
We are looking for an applicant who is up for the challenge, boasting not only a natural flare for writing and experience in editing, but also the attitude and enthusiasm to match.
- Knowledge of the legal cannabis and wellness industries
- Natural leadership and decision-making qualities
- An ability to write clear and exciting copy
- A willingness to adapt and a drive to improve
- Experience in subbing copy to an extremely high standard
- An ability to collaborate with different departments (with a particular emphasis on design and marketing)
- Attention to detail and an ability to produce consistent, accurate copy
- Experience working under pressure and a willingness to put the extra effort in to meet tight deadlines
- An ability to get the best out of your team, incorporating individuals' skills to produce a truly industry-leading magazine
- Although not essential, a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign would be advantageous
If this sounds like the kind of career path you want to follow, then get in touch. All we need is:
- An up-to-date CV
- A cover letter of no more than 300 words
- Three published pieces of copy that best showcase your ability as a writer/editor
Orange Fox Media
Markeaton House 3 Slater Avenue
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position